

After taking lots of pictures I finally got some that I was truly happy with. Here are some of the things I learned:
Try not to oversmile. Smile without scrunching up your cheeks to much. This helps to keep the skin around your eyes smooth. I try and think about keeping my face relaxed and smiling with my eyes. It takes some practice and I am still no expert in this category but I am working on it. What can't be avoided on camera can always be smoothed out in Photoshop!!!
Take pictures from both angles of your face. Eventually you will realize what is your "good side." Also try and have your camera angled down at you. This forces you to look up in the camera. This will help to avoid the double chin action and will show the beauty of your eyes as the light from the sky bounces off of them and into the camera.
Switch positions because you never know which one you are going to love.
Periodically check your viewfinder to see if you are getting the shots you want.
AND...just have fun because in the end it is kind of fun to just be silly!!!

