A New Perspective

Running my own photography business this last year has really opened my eyes to so many things. I really enjoyed being able to meet so many wonderful people. I think that was my absolute favorite part of the whole experience. Of course I loved those moments when I uploaded the photos to find my favorites and to edit those first. Then to share them with my new friends was also so much fun. I learned so much about light and composition and I even took my Nikon D80 to the max. I used the only lens I could afford which was a great portrait lens and tried to compose shots that were my style and ones that I thought my clients would enjoy. Through it all I learned what my style was and what it was about photography that I liked so much. And even though I had a good time learning so much I learned the greatest lesson of all...time is precious.

What I really love more than anything is taking pictures of my kids, building memories with my family, and being able to be free enough to devote all of my time to them. I am so thankful for my photograhy experience and for being able to come out of it with such a wonderful perspective on life. I see so many wonderful people who are so talented who spend so much time on their hobbies whether it be photography or something else. I applaud those that reach such great achievements with their talents. But I also worry for those that spend all of their time, their precious family time, doing something that is good but maybe not the best thing they could be doing. GOOD, BETTER, BEST. There are lost of good things we can be doing but it is always important to remember what is the best thing to be doing. I am happy that I have finally discovered what is BEST for me and for my family. My kids and my husband are the most important thing in my life and they deserve all of my time. Photography will always be part of my life. I will continue to carry my camera with me wherever I go, taking pictures of my life and the world around me as I see it. I will always be learning new techniques and I will continue to read and educate myself about new photography methods. I will forever be learning and that is exciting. So if you have followed my photography please continue to check my blog every once in a while because I will still be snapping away--they just may be of my family and of the new places I visit. And just maybe I will get the itch for a quick photo shoot. Who knows where the wind will take me. I just hope it is towards building an even stronger family than I already have!